Choose what’s right for you with confidence
Join Consumer Now
Join today and get instant access to all test results and research.
SRAM and ZIPP have recalled some of their aluminium bicycle hubs. The front hub flanges can fail and could cause a crash.
Affected hubs were sold with certain Cannondale, Jamis, Felt and Specialized bicycles:
- 2010 Slice Hi-Mod SuperX SRAM Red
- 2011 SuperX SRAM RED
- 2013 Slice RS Black Edition
- 2010 Xenith T2
- 2011 Xenith SL
- 2011 Xenith T2
- 2009 AR Team
- 2009 DA
- 2010 AR1 Team
- 2010 DA
- 2010 DA Di2
- 2010 B2 Pro
- 2012 S-Works SHIV DI2 X2
- 2012 S-Works TARMAC SL4 SRAM NEW RED X2
- 2012 S-Works VENGE MCLAREN X2
- 2012 S-Works VENGE DI2 X2
- 2013 S-Works VENGE S-RECORD EPS X2
- 2013 S-Works TARMAC SL4 DI2 X2
What to do
If you have an affected front hub, stop riding your bike. Contact SRAM, ZIPP or your local bicycle dealer for a free replacement.
For more information, contact SRAM, ZIPP or your local bicycle dealer.